Help the Hudson Area Library and have some FUN!
- Get together with friends over this winter to chase away the winter blahs.
- Be a guest at follow-up parties …have a great social season.
- Have a party while feeling good about giving.
- Get to know your neighbors (or have an excuse to check out your neighbors!)
- Try out all those recipes you’ve been clipping.
- Invite friends to your house for a meal.
- Charge them a fee.
- Send that fee to the Library.
- Encourage each guest to repeat the process at their house.
- BINGO! A FOOD CHAIN!
Invite 2 people, 6 people or 50 people. Whatever is comfortable for you – it’s your party! Consider using this as an opportunity to meet your neighbors, help a newcomer in town to get settled, or renew old acquaintances. Use the library as an excuse to widen your circle!
Charge $20.00 or $100.00 per person – or anywhere in between. You decide. Use the complexity of the meal as your guide. How much would your guests spend on a restaurant entrée of cheeseburger and French fries? How much for rack of lamb or pasta? Do you love 5 course formal spreads? Or a quick casserole? Serve lobster and caviar or SPAM. (Well, maybe we should draw the line….) Your choice. And don’t be limited by the time of day. A delicious lunch or pancake-filled morning works just as well.
Consider some library related entertainment. Know an author who’ll contribute a reading? Have your guests dress as their favorite literary character. Maybe the kids want to “Show and Tell” a favorite book. Or choose a “food” book: Diane Mott Davidson’s Dying for Chocolate (1993) is filled with mouth-watering recipes.
Make all checks payable to “Hudson Area Library”. Put Food Chain on the memo line.
Send to (UPDATED 12/01/16):
Hudson Area Library
51 N. 5th ST
Hudson, NY 12534
Print out an instruction page and give it to each guest. We want each of them to have a dinner party too. Same rules apply. And, hopefully, they’ll pass on the FOOD CHAIN within 2 months (or sooner).
In the best possible way, this is a pyramid scheme made for our cause! So join in. Send out those invites and help the Hudson Area Library serve the community in its new digs.